#23 Patrick van der Voorn on human humaliation and the win in falling down
Listen on Apple
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Soundcloud
"We should slow down", says change manager Patrick van der Voorn, and: "to be human, means to be humiliated." Roanne figured that that was enough reason to invite him over for a podcast!
She and Patrick discuss:
- what working in 5 stars hotel taught him: especially that time when there was a fire and he was on the 24th floor, with all of his guests
- what are the urgent questions in companies, noone dares to asks (but change managers must!)
- the meaning of his motto: give direction, lead the way
- why future leaders need to slow down, AND: fall down.
- why true leaders, should dare to get their guards down (and their ties off)
- and why we should all invest in 'sensitizing' ourselves
Patrick recommends us all to go and try rinsinyoku, AKA: Japanese forestbathing. Roanne tried it already and loves it - let us know what your experience was!